Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Urs 2011-09-30 6:57

Hi Will

Damnoen Saduak, I was there more then 10 years before you were there, but nowadays this floating market is for tourists only. It is a pity, but there are other floating markets which still kept their charm.

Photographically you have selected an excellent POV which boost DOF as well. Great vibrant colour hues with high sharpness. Well done.

You asked if I would ask for permission to take pictures of people. No I do not most of the time, but I smile if necessary before taking the shot or at least after it. In Asia people generally do not object to be photographed, but there are exception, in particular for religious reasons. However some may ask for money, but I never pay nor will I give any gift. Because both are not custom in this part of the world.

Warm regards
Urs

Old 09-30-2011, 09:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Urs: Thanks

Thanks for your reply, Urs. I must learn from you, and just get in there. I want to do more candid "street" photography, and am going to Tuscany next week. It's not the Far East I know, but I'm sure, as you say, a smile is worth a whole lot. Be seeing you. Or your work at least!
Cheers
Will