Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great saxo042 2011-04-28 8:42

Hi John,
This is really a beautiful view! I also appreciate the possibility to drive along here, with the help of the yellow man. But this yellow man never steps outside the asphalt, as you have done here, so he never takes these special pictures. Are there any public footpaths around here? A fantastic view, reminds me a bit of the Scandinavian mountains, above the tree line.
Kind regards
Gunnar

Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 PM
TE Expert

Default To saxo042: Public footpaths.........

Hello Gunnar,

Thank you once again for your kind remarks about this one.

It was you who introduced me to the yellow man! In fact, I had seen (and used) the yellow man in Google maps but the link which you gave us is much better for including into the text of notes here.

I think there might be one or two public footpaths about here but they are fairly sparse. In fact, the major public "right of way" which runs quite close to here is the Southern Upland Way which runs a distance of 212 miles (340 Km) across southern Scotland, a strenuous walk which requires 10 to 20 days to complete. That website also gives details of places to stay on the way.

But, as far as I am aware, in Scotland (unlike England) there is no true law of trespass. No-one can actually charge you or bring a legal case against you for simply walking on their land unless they can prove that you actually caused damage to the land, fences, buildings or animals on it. So you can walk where you wish so long as you behave responsibly!

Kind Regards,

John.