Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Angshu 2011-03-26 23:28

Dear Niraj
I thought I would see a new picture in TE...but where is it???
A fine shot, this where you've got a good expression on his face, more so her eyes...the play of light & shadow brought out well. Your note is so very pertinent! Take a look at the great Western portrait photographers around the world & their subjects. The photographer mints millions selling the pictures of poor subjects (always sell well), earns accolades & prizes...what remains same is the fate of prize winning subject..still poor, hand to mouth & ironically little knowing he/she is a celebrity thanks to the photograph
Best Regards
Angshu

Old 03-27-2011, 06:45 AM
TE Expert

Default To Angshu: Revised Critique

Dear Niraj
I thought I would see a new picture in TE...but where is it???
A fine shot, this where you've got a good expression on his face, more so her eyes...the play of light & shadow brought out well.

Your note is so very pertinent! Take a look at the great Western portrait photographers around the world & their subjects! The photographer (not necessarily only the famous ones) mints millions selling the pictures of poor subjects (always sell well), earns accolades recognition & prizes. What remains unchanged is the fate of the 'prize winning subject'..still poor, still lives hand to mouth & ironically little knowing he/she is a celebrity thanks to the photograph.

And I haven't heard of an instance when the photographer actually has gone back & shared part of his royalty or even the limelight with the subject! Why?? The irony is that the 'poor' subject was in limelight for a split second (when the picture was taken) & that's the end of him/her. For the photographer is just the beginning...
Best Regards
Angshu