Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great romanaa 2011-03-25 4:35

Hello John,

I hope you wear stylish tweed jacket and cap when driving it. it is really lovely and must attract attention of people where ever you go... Lovely brownish picture with nice textures contrasting with the smooth shapes of the oldie.

Best regards

Romana

Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM
TE Expert

Default To romanaa: Jacket and cap.......

Thank you, Romana, for your kind remarks.

Actually, yesterday I was wearing a tweed jacket but my tweed cap was on the back seat as it was too warm! In fact, it was a very nice day yesterday and I should have opened the sunroof: it's quite a big sunroof and you can, if you like, actually drive the car standing up with your head sticking out through the roof, looking like Rommel!

It's great fun to drive and it cruises at about 40 to 45 m.p.h. (65 - 70 k.p.h.) which is quite fast enough. You have to be very careful because the brakes are not as powerful as on a modern car.

I only take her out on nice days and not when it's very wet or snowing. Of course, you will understand that my usual car which I drive is a Škoda, made in your country! It is a wonderful car and very, very efficient on fuel (diesel). I even convinced my wife to buy a Škoda Fabia - mine's an Octavia. In fact, these cars are so highly regarded here that most taxis are Škoda Octavias here - much more popular than other makes.

Kind Regards and Happy Motoring,

John.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Send a message via MSN to romanaa Send a message via Skype™ to romanaa
Smile tweed jacket and cap

Wow John,

it makes my day . I imagine you driving your darling oldie through the wonderful Scottish nature in the tweed suit and the Baskerville Hound howling from the moors... I will have a glass of Jameson (I know it is an Irish brand but its smell will do the atmosphere).

That is nice that you are so satisfied with the two Skodas. I have heard Skoda used to be a subject of jokes in England similarly we used to laugh to Trabants.

Coincidentally, yesterday I saw 3 really old and perfectly polished Skodas 1000 (my dad used to have one when I was a little one) to go to the town, they probably had a meeting there. Not as old and beautiful as your Austin, but it was lovely to see them and I admired their design, which seemed to be ordinary when there were not many types of cars in the streets, but now I really liked it...why are not cars so beautiful any more?

Best regards

Romana