Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great nikkitta 2011-02-16 19:03

Hola Mariusz,
First , dont complain about having few time in Buenos Aires, you manage to obtain perfect photos with good notes, still is called Torre de los Ingleses
Creative way to capture the tower against the the blue sky
I am curious to know the hour you did it, no people seems over there, a dangerous place, do you noticed the train station on the right??
Greetings
Maria

Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 AM
TE Senior Member

Cool To nikkitta: dangerous is relative feeling

Hi Maria,
thank you for your expert and insider comment.
I have found the new name of the tower somewhere in the internet. May be that renaming was not that popular. I do have sometimes problems writing notes. That was the case when mentioning Islas Malvinas as in English literature they are known as Falkland Islands and I am not sure if using this name is somehow not appropriate, although writing in English I should probably use the Falkland Islands. In Poland while talking about these islands we call them "Falklandy-Malwiny" which is I guess trying to be as neutral as possible.

I was twice in this area and it was always so empty. Once it was Sunday. There were few people and they were staring at me taking photos but they seemed to be preoccupied with themselves. The weather was pretty bad though.
Another time was Tuesday around the lunch time. We have arrived there by taxi which dropped us off at the Retiro Station as I wanted to photograph the station, the sun came out shortly and I have walked acros the square to take this photo. It was empty.
Regarding the feeling dangerous. I was many times warned that BA is a dangerous city but I never noticed anything. There were so many people with expensive cameras walking around. But I was indeed mainly in the touristy areas.
Funny thing is though that I always felt safe in Dublin where I live now and yesterday I took my equipment to take same blue hour photos in the city center and I have noticed an incredible number of strange looking people, either drunk or behaving aggressive. I have never seen it before here. Later on in the tram which goes to expensive rich areas also there were four young girls which behave pretty aggressive. I think they were on drugs. So you never know...
Thank you for your comment,
M

Last edited by mkamionka; 02-17-2011 at 09:26 AM.