Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 12:40 PM

The moderators are just as concerned as anyone else about the appearance on the home page of flowers, pets etc. It's an automated process which we have no control over, and should be changed.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macondo View Post
The moderators are just as concerned as anyone else about the appearance on the home page of flowers, pets etc. It's an automated process which we have no control over, and should be changed.
Agree absolutely. Little can be done about images which were posted before changes in the rules, but hopefully something can be done to stop them appearing on the Home Page. Is it surprising that we still get flowers etc posted when more often than not they are the first image type that prospective new members see?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:19 AM
TE Senior Member

Default au sujet photo supprimée

re bonjour,

je pense avoir compris que si ma photo a été supprimé c'est à cause de ma note trop succincte
Il ne me semble pas avoir vu cela auparavant
Pouvez vous me donner des explications auxquelles bien entendu je m'y plierai si tel est le réglement
Je ne crois pas y avoir manqué depuis mon arrivée sur TE
merci à vous
Juliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitht View Post
I thought it might be helpful to members to provide an outline of what happens when an image is seen in the Gallery which one of the mods thinks breaks the Terms of Service (TOS).

If the mod is pretty certain the TOS have been broken then the image will be immediately deactivated and an e-mail sent to the member. In many instances the mod will have concerns but not be certain and then will post a link to the image in the Moderators Area of the forum and ask for other opinions. Depending on the outcome of the discussion the image may or may not be removed. Again, if it is removed an e-mail is sent to the member.

All members have the right to request a review of the image removal and to provide reasons they believe the image should be reinstated. All such review requests are discussed by the mods. It must be accepted that this can take some time, possibly even a number of days, as the mods are all volunteers and only have limited time to visit the site.

Once a final decision has been made, the member will be notified of the decision and, generally no further discussion will be entered into on the subject.

It should be noted that the only way to have an image removal considered is to send in a Review Request as detailed in the e-mail. Complaining in the General Forum, or elsewhere, cannot have any effect as we (the mods) only have access to the original image and notes if a Review Request is received.

I hope this helps shed a little light on what some seem to consider the workings of 'The Dark Side'.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Rules

Hello ,

In the past , it was a tradition to post "wishes" pictures at the end of the year . Without strong rules about the notes .
Have the rules really changed ? Or are the mderators more severe ?
If you want that all the members leave the boat , this is the best way to succeed in it ...

Nevertheless , Happy New Year to every body .
Old 12-31-2011, 04:51 PM
TE Junior Member

Default I complete

Re ,
I just want to complete my previous post .
When we see a picture of illuminations in a big city , for instance , no need a long note to explain what it is . But this kind of pictures learns us about the world .
Sorry for my approximative english .
I don't really understand the reasons of this debate this year .

Regards
Old 12-31-2011, 05:17 PM
TE Expert

Default Actual mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta View Post
Hello ,

In the past , it was a tradition to post "wishes" pictures at the end of the year . Without strong rules about the notes .
Have the rules really changed ? Or are the mderators more severe ?
If you want that all the members leave the boat , this is the best way to succeed in it ...

Nevertheless , Happy New Year to every body .
Unfortunately, this is the mood and the feeling of many members...
Happy New Year to you too.
Paolo
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
TE Newbie

Keith, I've found one of my images doesn't appear as well as I would like it to. How can I replace it with a re-edited version?
Bob
Old 01-06-2012, 02:08 PM
TE Newbie

After a little digging I've found it. No need to reply.
Bob
Old 01-06-2012, 03:46 PM

Glad you found the way Bob. It took me quite a lot of looking too - and I've used the site a lot!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 AM
TE Newbie

Default Deleted photo

I have recently added a photo.. and the next morning its deleted.
Can anybody answer me why my pic is deleted from my gallary?