Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 04-16-2015, 12:03 AM
TE Newbie

Default less photos for TE

dear friends, I would like to express my concern about the fact that there are less and less photos posted on TE every day, I remember few years ago about 10 pages of new photos every day, last month about 5 pages, now only 4!
I have some opinions about the causes, first new competitors like flickr, then the fact that sometimes TE looks more like a chat between friends and this discourage potential high level amateur photographer to join TE permanently,
the fact that only one photo per day is allowed is positive and negative at the same time.
If I can give an advice is to permit critiques also to non members, I know maybe we can get not so usefull comments but also we limit the exchange of critics someway, then I think best photos of the year on TE should be exhibited somewhere like in galleries or museums, find a sponsor , have much more visibility, this would increase dramatically the quality and the number of partecipants in TE.
I think TE is a great idea, but it is losing ground day by day and something has to be done in order to invert such trend, I invite others member to share ideas starting from the clear fact that less and less photos are posted everyday.
kind regards
Fred
Old 04-16-2015, 05:20 PM
TE Expert

Just for fun I checked randomly that in the morning, Central European time, of December 6, 2008, one page of photos was filled in 23 minutes.
In the evening of July 26, 2007, one page was filled in 39 minutes.
At about the same time in the evening of April 19, 2010, one page was filled in 2 hours 27 minutes.
Today, April 16, 2015, one page was filled in 5 hours 15 minutes during the afternoon.
Gert