Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 10:22 PM
TE Newbie

Default Grizzly Adventure in (around) Katmai NP, Alaska

Hi all. My wife and I are researching a trip to Alaska to view the brown bears (Grizzly/Kodiak/etc) and are looking for some recommendations based on the following:

We just got back from an awesome trip viewing Polar Bears, up close and personal, staying at the Tundra Buggy Lodge and being out full days watching bears. To have them as close as just feet away with their front paws stretched out on your buggy was awesome.

That's the kind of adventure we're looking for, highly interactive and up close. Does something like that exist for this trip?

Any information would be very helpful. For those interested in the Churchill trip, I'll be happy to answer any and all questions I can.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:04 AM
TE Newbie

My wife and I are researching a trip to Guilin
Guilin History

The history of Guilin dates back to over 2,000 years ago. It became a town of strategic importance in southern China when the first Emperor of the Qin Dynasty ordered digging a canal to link the Xiang River (which flows into the Yangtze River) and the Tan River (which flows into the Pearl River), thus connecting two of China's major waterways. Over the last few thousand years, generations of writers and poets have chanted out numerous pieces of verse and prose in its praise, many of which have been passed down to the present day thanks to various carvings and inscriptions on precipices. The picturesque city is graced with humanistic flavor by ruins of prehistoric cultures of about 40 to 50 thousand years ago; stone tombs of the Ming Dynasty, inscriptions and sculptures on rocks scattered around in every corner of the city. Guilin, now a world famous tourist city, attracts large numbers of tourists from the world over. The increasing number of tourists has promoted the rapid development of tourist facilities. Today, there are over 20 air routes connecting Guilin with Hong Kong and major domestic tourist cities.

Tags
adventure, alaska, bear, grizzly, katmai