Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Forum Feedback and Support

Notices

Old 11-13-2014, 11:26 AM
TE Expert

Default editing critiques

I just discovered that it is no longer possible to edit the critiques we have written. We used to be able to make changes to critiques within 15 minutes, but the clickable word "edit" has now been removed. Is this intentional, and in that case why? Has there been any notification of this change anywhere? Or is it just a temporary technical problem?
Gert
Old 11-13-2014, 11:06 PM
Administrator

the edit button is still there -- perhaps you have a browser issue?
Old 11-14-2014, 10:42 AM
TE Expert

Default Editing critiques

Hi, Earlier there was a small time left, a few minutes, that it was possible to make some corrections in the critiques. I noticed that lately it is no more possible. Has it been changed? And why? There are often misspellings and errors so it as a shame that one can't correct them.

Regards MAlgo
Old 11-14-2014, 01:51 PM
TE Expert

When at least three members "lost" their edit buttons at the same time last Wednesday, November 12, using computers of different kinds, in different countries, and it happened when using at least three different kinds of browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome and possible Explorer), I would say that's too much of a coincidence to be a "browser issue". I do believe it is the TE server that has a problem.
At roughly the same time the TE "clock" started running 28-29 minutes late, i.e. a photo or a critique that is entered at 10:00 is registered as 9:32. It's an unimportant matter but another indication that the TE server is not working totally well.
Gert

Last edited by holmertz; 11-15-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:18 PM
TE Expert

Hi, I put it today in General Forum, now I copy it here:

Hi, Earlier there was a small time left, a few minutes, that it was possible to make some corrections in the critiques. I noticed that lately it is no more possible. Has it been changed? And why? There are often misspellings and errors so it as a shame that one can't correct them.

So it must be a bug in the system.

Kind regards MAlgo
Old 11-14-2014, 09:19 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Alert messages

Would it be some kind of related bug that also stopped all the alerts from my "favourite" photographers to be received in my mail since 2 days ?

Anyone having this problem too ?

Jacques
Old 11-14-2014, 11:44 PM
TE Senior Member

Question Editing critiques and alert messages...

I can confirm that these two problems exist. At the last critique I wrote the edit button was not shown. And I do not receive any TE alerts for friends and/or countries.

The latter since two days...

Best regards,
Kaj (kajenn)
Old 11-15-2014, 12:10 PM
TE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajenn View Post
I can confirm that these two problems exist. At the last critique I wrote the edit button was not shown. And I do not receive any TE alerts for friends and/or countries.

The latter since two days...

Best regards,
Kaj (kajenn)
Thanks. I was really feeling alone. The tech team will address those in due time I suppose.

Jacques
Old 11-16-2014, 02:30 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation edit

I also encounter this problem, sometimes my English that is not perfect - I descover mistakes, and can't fix them. It is not a browser issue.
Please "open" again this small + icon.
Sincerely ,
Ike
Old 11-17-2014, 10:52 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Edit Button

Hi tecchies,

What's happened to the Edit button on critiques? The problem was highlighted by Gert Holmertz several days ago, but it hasn't been fixed, and apart from a reply saying it was a browser issue - which it isn't - nothing's yet been done. It's a useful feature that many critiquers would like back, please!

Will Perrett