Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great PJE 2010-07-25 20:48

Craig I can see excellent balance of composition in this frame. Indeed the empty space of blue sky plays an integral part of this photo. Second the bench is in balance with the white house on the right. Perhaps as a critique that you perhaps already have now in hindsight is a desire to see just a little less house on the right and a little more room allowed in the frame for the bench on the left. Thanks for sharing from your trip on the east coast.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:16 AM
TE Expert

Default To PJE: bench

Hi Paul

I always look forward to your critiques, and take them very seriously.
As for allowing for more room to the left of the bench...well, i just couldn't do that because right behind the bench is an ugly chain-link fence...there was no way i could include that in there. If you look closely, you can even see a little bit of it.
I like your idea about less house on the right - i chose to include the tall vertical board rather than leaving it out. Just personal preference...but its funny b/c i have both versions in my laptop.
i always choose several various compo's when shooting...it drives Tosca crazy as she's very quick taking 20 photos, whereas i'll spend the same amount of time shooting the same subject and leave with about 8 shots!
to each their own i guess!!
thanks alot