Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photography

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 04:58 PM
TE Newbie

Default Photography Competitions: Beware The Rights Grabbers!

Hi folks,

For those of you who plan on entering your images into competitions this year, you may want to do your homework first to ensure you are not giving away the copyright to the competition organiser. There are a number of high profile competitions which exploit the rights of us photographers, so you should know which ones are bad and which ones are good!

I would advise you to check out a great website called Pro Imaging who are campaigning to eliminate this unethical practice. I have written a post on my blog about it too, because I feel that our photography is being devalued as a result.

I hope some of you will find this info useful. Feel free to pass it on to others and lets all try to make the competitions we enter fairer for all.

Andrew
Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 AM
TE Newbie

There's been attempts to bring likewise same legislation that you describe in your blog in the states but on a broader scale. There was discuss of an orphan works bill last year that a number of corporations and passionate parties tried to get considered in Congress. In our case they wanted to extend the orphan works act to all forms of artistic expression and essentially re-write the entire copyright law for the benefit of corporations and not the artists.