Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Forum Feedback and Support

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 06:27 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Limit # of favorite photos.

Why can we not add more than 99 photos to our favorite? I donít want to delete any of them because they are, after all, my favorites. I understand maybe we don't want people to abuse it, maybe allow 25 or 30 per year. Otherwise, it is not fair for members who have been here for a long time, and has already reach the limit. There are always more new photos, new members, why canít we have new favorites?

With kind regards,
Way
Old 07-18-2014, 01:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Default # of favorites

Hi Way, thank you raising an interesting question about the technical limitations here on the site. Perhaps it is time for an update to this site.
I don't know the technical reason why we have a limit of favorites but I also would like to have the ability to add more to my list as I meet new members and have been on the site for a number of years now.

Thank you for raising a good question...
Have a great day,
Karen
Old 07-29-2014, 10:22 PM
TE Senior Member

Thank Karen,

But I guess no body really care I have more favorite photos to add. It's a pity.

W
Old 08-06-2014, 10:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Favourites

Hi Way

If you look at the thread that I started called Favourites, you'll see I have the same problem, and now a solution. Hope that helps!

Regards

Will
Old 08-07-2014, 05:44 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Hallo everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. It took quite a time but TE mods & admins are now working on a project about improving the site and your problem about the "Favourites" will be now on our "to do list"

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 08-08-2014, 05:05 PM
TE Senior Member

Will,

Thanks for your response. I know how to delete pictures my favorites.

My issue is that I don't want to, they are my favorites and I want to keep them but I also want to be able to add new photos . It is only fair as we stay here there will always be more wonderful pictures in the future that will be my favorites. I'm looking forward to that and if I can't add them to my favorites, that just doesn't make any sense. Great pictures doesn't stop at 100. It is like I tell you, you already have 100 good photos, you can stop doing photography now.

Viviane,

Thank you for looking into that.

Way
Old 08-12-2014, 04:37 PM
TE Expert

Location: I live in Pessac, city surburb of Bordeaux - France
Thumbs up favorites

You can create a (or many) group(s) - you can go up to 50 persons per group - with your favorites, and so keep them with their pictures.
If you look, maybe many of them are no more posting in TE, so move them on a group to have place to welcome new operating "favorites".

Look at this group for example http://www.trekearth.com/lists.php?l...3&ttype=photos

Last edited by CLODO; 08-12-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:11 AM
TE Junior Member

Default favourites

I do the same as CLODO.
Regards, Ann
Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 AM
TE Junior Member

Default favourites

Hello Way

I wasn't suggesting that you delete your favourites; simply transfer them to a self-created Theme (maybe you could call it "Favourites"!) And there's nothing to stop you creating as many of these as you like, so you can have at your fingertips literally hundreds of Favourites... Only then (when they're safe in your Theme(s), do you free up space in the original Favourites area, by deleting what you have already stored elsewhere.

Will
Old 08-19-2014, 01:38 AM
TE Senior Member

Hello All who responded to my post. Thank you.

Your suggestions is very helpful as an alternative and working around the issue, however doesn't solve the problem. Why can we not adds more than 99? I REALLY want to award a lttle green * to the photos that deserved it and not take away from the old ones that are also deserving of it. That is all. I can create favorites 1.2.3.4.I know that I still can't give them a green *

Wayne