Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great fanni 2010-03-28 12:11

Hej Gert,
whenever I see such photos I always ask myself a more or less rhetoric question: how far you were from the "object" of your photo and if you were noticed taking photos?
I like the composition and the DOF: the accent is placed on the woman thoughtfully reading a book but at the same time we can see clearly enough what's going on in the BG :)
varma hälsningar,
Elena
PS. very well seen at a Mac monitor ;-)

Old 03-28-2010, 07:35 PM
TE Expert

Default To fanni: close

Hej Elena,
It was nice seeing you again and I hope I didn't make you too tired from that long walk through some of the boring parts of Södermalm.
How close was I? Probably quite close. I looked it up in my travel diary, where I had written that the persons accompanying me from the town office of the organizer had explained to the women who I was and what I was doing, and then I was free to walk around talking any pictures I wanted, from any angle and any distance. This happens all the time in African villages, once you are "cleared" and guaranteed not to be a tax-man or spy, the whole village is yours. Usually you are introduces to the chief, or headman, who then orders everyone to behave nicely and accomodating. A bit strange, but convenient.
Lycklig hemresa i morgon,
Gert