Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great batalay 2010-03-14 10:41

Hello Mr. B,

Your gallery, replete with the rich notes that you always provide, represents a first class tourist guide for visitors to your domain. This image from Rajasthan, characteristically composed well, exposed perfectly, featuring resplendent colors and complemented by pedagogical note is in that tradition.

In mid-July I am scheduled to give a talk in Bangkok. The dates of the conference (18-22 July) are set, however, a few days before or after the conference schedule affords us (my wife and me) some time to travel. Since this area is diametrically opposite my world in the Eastern United States, I see two possible scenarios. #1 make this an around-the-world trip, making short stops, or #2 fly to Delhi, and visit my friends (the Nehrus) in Chandigarh, make a brief trip to Agra, before or after the Bangkok visit, then return to the United States without extending the trip to an around-the-world flight. Any suggestions, and will there be an opportunity to meet you?

Warm regards, Angshuman,

Bulent

Old 03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
TE Expert

Default To batalay: Your trip...

...It would be great to meet you of course. I am located in Mumbai or Bombay, a good 875 miles south west of Delhi. You are coming to this part of Asia during the period which is really hot and wet ...ranges from June to October. You might get afternoon showers in Bkk as well as in India...Delhi, Agra perhaps, but definitely in Mumbai. While it would surely be a privilege to meet you, I must say that this is not the best of weathers to visit the Asian subcontinent.

With warmest Regards
Angshuman
Old 03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
TE Expert

Unhappily, the date of the conference in Bangkok was already set when I accepted it. My friend, Anil, also told me that it is the weather conditions in the Monsoon season will be particularly uncomfortable, but we must do the best of what is available. I do know that you are in Mumbai now, and we visited there in June of 1997.

Warm regards,

Bulent