Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Longroute 2010-03-05 1:14

This long row of colourful bathing boxes (I thought you called them "cabins" in English...) really deserves a close attention. You chose to priviledge the depth perspective here enhanced by that opportune couple which adds colour and vivacity. The red kite in the sky is another fine focal point: quite a well balanced composition. I guess you didn't stopped there and took some close up view which I'm expecting to see next time...

By the way, there were hundreds of those beach houses here too, in our "city" beach. They were bigger than these seen here, with verandas or balcony too, real architectonic jewels, probably dating at the beginning of 1900, and costantly repaired when whe wood was rotten. It was a joy to see them and they stopped the beach erosion. Ten years ago or so, an idiot of a mayor decided to smash them down...
Thanks for this fine document and your interesting note,
Donato

Old 03-06-2010, 10:37 PM
TE Expert

Default To Longroute: Cabins, boxes & sheds

Ciao Donato, thank you for your comments & interest, we have always called these cabins beach houses or boxes but I see that Lisa has also called them cabins, I guess that's the English language for you. These Bathing boxes are 2.4m X 2.0m X 2.0m, there are some boat sheds, the size of these a little bigger 6.2m X 3.0m X 2.4m. I think your description of the Mayor is quite a good one, why would anyone want to remove them? surely they could have made good use of them, who knows. Thank you again.
Saluti
Santo