Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 AM
TE Newbie

Default wanted: best South India people sites

We are planning 3 or 4 weeks in South India next January-February. Our interests are people, market and daily life scenes - temples only if there are people involved. What do you all recommend? To get an idea of our interests see: http://picasaweb.google.com/luke6223 and the few shots I've posted on TE.
Thanks
luke
Old 04-14-2010, 01:35 AM
TE Newbie

I would suggest Madurai, Tamil Nadu. There are quite a few vibrant photos of Madurai in TrekEarth:

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asi..._Nadu/Madurai/

Also, there are numerous villages around Madurai that are culturally very rich... full of life.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 AM
TE Newbie

Best South Indian people generally are very traditional and religious in nature .....and they are living very simple.

India Travel
Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 AM
TE Newbie

I would suggest Guilin
about another 70 million years had passed before the landscape of Guilin developed, with the help of the natural elements of wind and rain, into a wonderland of weird shaped, isolated peaks, with bizarre and fantastic-looking caves amidst limpid waters and nice fields. Thus the landscape of Guilin is formed by many kinds of matured karst physiognomy such as dissolution pluton, eroded dissolution pluton and erosion pluton etc. Wetlands and plains with strange-shaped low peaks are very common sceneries in the city. The administrated area of Guilin is divided into five districts and two suburb counties.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:24 AM
TE Newbie

yes this is a very great info that you have the posted on the web. i like it very much. this very nice according to the work.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:28 PM
TE Newbie

Smile Travel to India

The best place in South India is, without any doubts, Kerala. In Kerala you can find plenty of temples, hystorical churches, mosques and also fantastic mountains and coastal areas. Just take your time for travel from Trivandum to Cochin. I bet you will be not disapointed.
Regards,
Miro

Closed Thread