Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great trekks 2010-01-25 23:23

Ciao Santo

Yes, I remember this Sunday morning when we drove up in very short time to Kinglake and on the way, this Kangaroo stop because you knew i wanted to meet Skippy. But I also remember it was 27th Sept, after which we had a BBQ party at Warrandyte State Park with few other TE members of Australia, myself being the odd one from Borneo.

Very stylish informative note that tells me more about you and the country. I wish you pleasant Australia Day. This photo is of course a great meaningful for me to remember the time when I was joined by great company. I felt like the little head popping out of the pocket in this scene, making a maiden visit to a big country and yet looking only at a small part of it.

I believe this moment is made more interesting because of the blur leg in the rabbit showing motion and co-existence with the Skippy. Thank you for posting this and I know, Santo, what is in your mind when you picked this photo and uploaded it. I thank you for that.

It was great talking to you on the day before Australia Day, because you sounded more assertive and confidence and ready to trek the world. At least my ear told me that reception of the call here at Mt Singai. Take care, my dear friend.

The Borneo jungle beckons for its Italian flavor.
bill

Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 AM
TE Expert

Smile To trekks: Oooops, wrong date.

Thank You for your kind words Bill, I must have a look at my camera because it said the 26th, I know you are correct & would not argue with you. I also remember this day well, we managed to see quite of few of these animals, although we were in a hurry because of the TE meeting, they were there grazing & waiting for us, I thought this one with the baby in it's pouch was something a little special. If you think you were the odd one out I wonder how I will feel, an Italian Australian in Borneo, can't wait for the experience. I was surprised to hear your voice the other day, also that of Alfred, I will join you both soon.
Thanks, always nice to hear from you.
warmest regards
Santo
Old 01-27-2010, 01:08 AM
TE Expert

Default was a Sunday?

hi Santo
Thank you, it was Sunday, right? 27th Sept. ) At least my photos of that day was 27th. And no, I wasn't inferring I was out of place, I was outnumbered. And being the one who did not get to adjust quickly to the Melbourne weather, as Peter Wall had aptly warned before hand.

For your kind information, I have registered and posted several photos at this site and it is now ready for upload of photos by members, after testing.

http://www.photofolia.net/index.php

Take care. Regards, bill