Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 06-17-2003, 09:08 PM
TE Junior Member

Default How much would your photo worth?

This is embarassing but I have several people asking to buy some of my photos. Since we are having this tentative idea to make a T.E. calender/book, I was thinking how much should I ask so that I can channel the money later to our project :).
Old 06-17-2003, 10:33 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: How much would your photo worth?

"Since we are having this tentative idea to make a T.E. calender/book, I was thinking how much should I ask so that I can channel the money later to our project :)."

The initial idea was to show a publisher a subset of photos and see if they might be interesting in publishing a book, at their cost, not ours. So you shouldn't have to channel any money for such a project.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:30 AM
TE Newbie

Thien,

Selling photos has to do with the usage, the copies, the user, etc.

When I sell a photo as stock, for example, and it's a corporate brochure, then I charge a higher price for a print run of 10,000 than if it was for an educational textbook print run of 10,000- hugely different price. Corporations have money. They want to use my photo to make money. The textbooks don't have much and my photo is contributing to the learning of children.

If you send me specific details I could tell you roughly how much I'd charge in that case...

Cedar
Old 06-18-2003, 06:30 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Cedar,

I do not have much information yet about the two people that wanted my photos except that they have given the intention of buying. It seems so complicated to be a professional photographer :). This has happenned once for me before but I just tell the guy to use it. Actually, I was so grateful that someone actually wanted my photo, I should have paid him instead :). This time I thought it might be a good idea to get some money for the T.E. project. However, it seems that I have misunderstood the idea of the project judging from Adam response. But I will see if the transaction comes through, if so I will contribute the money to Adam as a thank you note for providing this wonderful site.

Thank you in advance, Cedar,
Thien
Old 06-18-2003, 07:23 AM
TE Expert

"But I will see if the transaction comes through, if so I will contribute the money to Adam as a thank you note for providing this wonderful site."

No, please don't do this, this is not necessary at all. I am looking for a corporate sponsor to support the site instead. If you still feel some need to do so, please donate to a worthwhile cause.