Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

riclopes 2010-01-11 4:44

This is gorgeous, Kath. I'm sure I wouldn't have done it without a tripod ;-) I agree with you. Sunset without clouds losts most of the beauty. But both the stones in FG and the mountain on the other margin contribute much for the success of your picture. Technically this is fantastic.
Henk (Floydian) and LuisAfonso are always pushing me with the tripod issue...I went to check it out. Too heavy - I'm too lazy to carry that stuff. I don't even want to carry the zoom. The snowboard items seemed more atractive to me... ;-)
ric

Old 01-11-2010, 12:49 PM
TE Expert

Default To riclopes: Tripod

Thanks Ric
A strong man like you can't carry a tripod!!!? ;D I have to admit I can't carry it far, although I invested in a light carbon fibre one. Nowadays it's difficult carrying the camera on long hikes never mind the tripod as well. However we were staying no further than 200m from here and didn't even need to go out with the camera if the conditions weren't worth it. Click on the map link, zoom in and scroll down a bit and you will see the cottage we stayed in. The mountain on the photo was nicely framed by the sitting room window!
Kath
Old 01-12-2010, 11:35 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To riclopes: Tripod

That's a view like that I want to live in :)

For a brief moment I thought your picture had been taken from inside the cottage...

The only thing I hate in mountain trekings is the backpack. In short treks, Ana carries the backpack most of the time....shame on me!

Thanks for the feed-back, Kath.
ric