Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great boa 2010-01-05 13:43

Hej Ebbe,
Blattnicksele is not exactly a metropolis, so i share your respect for the shopkeepers. They do a very good job to keep the countryside alive. You have captured a fine Norrland atmosphere, beautiful light and colors.Very sharp too!
Best regards.
Boa

Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To avene: Saturated

Hi Kristine - thanks for taking a look!

Yes, I shoot everything with the saturation turned up a bit, and I was using a cheap CPL filter I got from eBay - I definitely have to get some decent ones soon - and that made the sky a very deep blue. The sun was very bright - we were at about 5500 feet in altitude and it was shot in the early afternoon (never changed my camera clock), so the sun was still fairly high in the sky. I did sharpen it a bit after I re-sized for TE, but I think only about 60% which seemed sufficient to me, but likely could be too much for some... My eyes aren't what they once were, so I like a sharp image.

Really glad you like the image, even though!

Thanks again,
Reed
Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To avene: Saturated

you will not believe how much difference a more expensive CPL makes. early on I invested into Nikon "slim" CPL (about $100 for 72mm), and never understood why my better half kept saying he hates polarizers and kept complaining that he can never get the greens in his photos look as good as mine. he almost never used the filter, and kept getting comments from TE masters along the lines "nail a polarizer to your lens", lol :D

then he also got the Nikon filter, and he says it's day and night as far as quality is concerned, and I don't think he has taken the filter off the lens ever since.

another thing - Nikon auto white balance in daylight tends to procude images with slight cool blue cast that turns electric even with minor saturation adjustments. "daylight" is the best option for almost any situation, I've tried both options and the difference is obvious.

best,
Kristine