Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great BennyV 2009-12-08 6:08

Hello Paulo,

Very heavy on the PP, but a fascinating result. Only the part of the sky visible underneath the bridge (on the left) looks rather dull, especially compared to the fireworks elswhere.
Together with the WS this is an excellent upload. This shot is the most spectacular of the two, but I think in the long run I prefer the shot in the WS.

Thanks for the upload.

Benny

Old 12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
TE Senior Member

Send a message via MSN to Juntas
Default To BennyV: About Heavy PP

Hi Benny and thank you for your nice comment. I agree that this kind of photo can be seen as a heavy pp one, however, what you see is pretty like of what I saw when I took the shot. Obviously this is not a clean shot but I'm going to explain what I have done and why:
-Tilt correction - I was standinf on rough grass, my tripod have a bubble level but with that light I could-nt see it (I have already a flashlight on my list for Christmas), so it has a little tilt.
-Add light - I prefer to take this shots a little dark (in case of trouble it's easier to light up the shadows than to deal with overexposed highlights).
- Saturation - Just a little bit (and I mean it :)).
- Desaturation of the stones on the fg that were a bit reddish because of the illumination of the place and of the bridge it self.
- Add sharpness and that's it. All this on Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X.

About the WorkShop: I do like it too but I went to shoot the bridge that day, the day after and also yesterday, so I have lots of photos and I can't post them all, so, some of them have to go to WS. Glad you like them.
All the best to you.
Paulo
Old 12-08-2009, 04:51 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To BennyV: About Heavy PP

Thanks for your detailled reply! I really appreciate that.

Good luck with the Xmas present lists;)

Benny