Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > TE Treks

Notices

Old 03-04-2005, 05:53 PM
TE Newbie

Default Vietnam/China/Burma/Laos

Hello,
I'm in Hanoi, Vietnam right now and will be staying here for about 2 months in total (perhaps broken up with a one-month visit to China). I've been trying to improve my photography skills while here, but I've not been terribly successful so far. Anyone interested in meeting for a few excursions in or around the city? I'm using a super/wide-angle lens on a film SLR, so I'm mostly interested in street and landscape photography. fyi, I've managed to learn a (very) little bit of Vietnamese and I've worked out the local bus system - so I do have that to offer.

Also, if you are planning to visit China/Myanmar(Burma) or Laos some time in the the next month or two, I might be able to work that into my itinerary. Since I'm on a very tight budget, I'm planning to visit only the Southwest. But I could probably be convinced to go to Beijing as well.

If you choose to email directly, please send to *** (don't ask!) - since the email address connected with trekearth is not actually mine!

Thanks.
Lori
Old 05-06-2005, 05:42 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Vietnam/China/Burma/Laos

Lori I just got back to USA from 3 weeks in Vietnam. I have 3 friends from Hanoi who are very into photography. Visit my site to get a touch of what I shot
www.pbase.com/ckuhn55/vietnam_2005 I can help you.