Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great maurajn 2005-03-02 20:48

Good write up. I can't quite tell, but are you shooting directly to the sun in the photo? I wonder if it might have helped to meter a bit lower down (not that I know where you metered the scene), or increase your shutter speed/close down the aperature. The photo seems to be a bit small and lacks some clarity. I'm not sure why that is - was it modified? The foreground snow is delightful, and the northern flight experience very true. Which aircraft is this one... not the twin otter and not the hawker...

I hope someone who shoots more in Black and White can give some more advice here, I think you are doing a super job in moving to b/w especially for the north in winter, but I think it has some demands that I don't quite understand. I'll be interested to know though.

Old 03-03-2005, 05:12 AM
TE Newbie

Default To maurajn: me again

hi ...I should have put in that I played around in photoshop with this. I likely blew out too much, but it was also likely alittle unclear as I was through the window. There was no sun. I need to ask Randy what the new plane is ...I am terrible with planes. Sorry if you have been posting pics and I have not been commenting. I am trying to wean myself of this site. It is so slow and I need to get out and take pictures... :-)
Vera