Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great BilboCA 2009-07-20 13:57

Hi, John,

On your "featured photos" area in TE, this image comes up adjacent to "Winter in Flanders J-X" (posted 11 Jan 09). I make this note because of the strong compositional similarities I see in the two photos. These are mainly in your use of a strong vanishing point construction, with the lines created by the management on the ground of nature by humankind. Also, you have in each case positioned the vanishing point in the same location: middle of the frame vertically and near the right edge.

In both of these photos, the construction works wonderfully.

Of course, there are many other nice elements in this photo as in your wintertime one. The colors are outstanding. I especially admire your rendering of red, something I find difficult to capture well. (Do you have a secret that you can share?)

I notice two small distracting details: (a) the photographer's shadow (?) in the lower right of the frame; (b) the sky has some dark spots scattered about (source unclear). These are minor matters for an otherwise superb shot.

Anyway, another great photo! Congratulations!
- William

Old 07-21-2009, 12:21 PM
TE Expert

Default To BilboCA: the photographer's shadow

Hi William,

You work with a Canon superb camera, when you to establish the colours that can you give one more red.
Indeed, this is my shadow, I have these not removed.
The sky, perhaps can you find small dust parts on the censor, this is not a great mistake for my!
These picture is made on 4 mile of the North Sea this gives sometimes very strong sea colour.
Thank you for your critique.

Take care,

John