Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great SteveH 2009-05-14 4:02

Hi Lisa, A fine idea you had with this shot. The reflected light is great. It is intriguing that the reflection of the coloured lights seem much wider and brighter than the lights themselves? Is that a slight lean to the right, or just distortion? I like the sky, with the clouds being lit up by the city lights, although it is a bit noisy (the sky that is). I wonder if in sharpening the image the noise has been made worse? Before you head off o/s with your new camera, there's plenty in Melbourne worth having a go at... cheers, steve

Old 05-15-2009, 01:30 AM
TE Expert

Default To SteveH: Probably A Lean to The Left

Hi Steve

If I was a betting woman, I'd say the chances of the photo being tilted are very high. I dunno I always seem to tilt (with or without alcoholic beverages). And definitely the noise has been made worse by even the small amount of sharpening I did. I'll know better next time to reduce the ISO and aperture size.

Anways, thanks for the nice critique. If I have time before I leave, I'd definitely love to come to Melbourne and see the sights. Will let you know if I do.

Best regards
Lisa
Old 05-15-2009, 02:00 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To SteveH: Probably A Lean to The Left

Hi Lisa, One way of avoiding sharpening the noise is to sharpen in a layer and then mask the part of the layer that doesn't want sharpening. Cheers, Steve