Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Floydian 2009-05-09 0:55

Hi Bill,

Strange, first time i see this picture...i really miss to much good ones along the huge flood of images that pass here on a daily basis.
This is a picture that needs a note, and you sure made a good one from it. Normally i don't like shooting people in their back at all, i want to see a face, an expression, but this one is different, probably because there are two of them, the arm around the little one, protecting, i like that part a lot, just as for the colour balance, that red shirt is just perfect.
Not sure about that can, it adds nothing in the frame imo, but maybe you have second thoughts about it...

Have a nice weekend,

Henk

Old 05-09-2009, 01:12 PM
TE Expert

Default To Floydian: hi

Hello Henk

I am pleased to read your critique, very well stated. Basically it is that body language by the arm that captivates me, because I used to enjoy holding or carrying my children when they are young, even to get me wet or smelling bad.

About the can. In the context of Asia, particularly Oriental origins like Chinese, Cambodians, Vietnamese, Thais or Philippines, young children are always very fond of pop or softdrinks. During our Chinese New Year celebration periods, canned or bottled softdrinks are favorites of young children. So even if the parents are poor, when the children crave for softdrinks, we always pamper them and spare whatever little cash money that poor parents possess and still afford the children to the drinks. In a tiny way, it is a shower of love. And for that purpose I left the can inside the frame.

But I hope it is not a fruit drink that children dislike [eg like tomato juice], that would mean the drink is not for the boy but for the mother herself :))

Thank you Henk for your valuable critique, and wish you a good weekend.

regards, bill

p/s Sundays I take my dog Dude to climb Mount Singai hill of 562m height.