Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great sayeed_rahman 2009-05-04 9:27

Hey Bill

An interesting story about the shot..i see that you have spent alot of time and research into posting this one..this to me is the most satisfying part of photography where you can sit and let your thoughts and emotions flow. Thats the most important bit of post-processing any photographer can indulge in.

About the shot..depicts correctly the theme youve talked about..they say if "Cambodian love" was the theme and thought behind the photograph..then what is use of the pillar ?

Its difficult but if you are seeking a juxtapostion, it better have an equally strong meaning..else the framing needs to be more concise..

How about this for kicks..the can has to be empty..thats why its kept aside..but the feeling and emotions arent that why the wrap around the shoulders..so you should show more of the can and not the pillar...just an example..not the strongest..but to give you and idea !

But this again, is how i percieve..you should feel the same..think about it..if it strikes a chord..i am happy..if not...ignore me..i tend to be boring and calculative at the begining of the week..office has just begun..

Cheers
Sayeed.
[ps - i like the shot ]

Old 05-04-2009, 06:17 PM
TE Expert

Default To sayeed_rahman: hi

hello Sayeed

Thank you for noticing the can. I am uncertain if was empty. I could have included the can without cropping its edge. Your points raised are very interesting to make me thinking again and that is a good way to challenge myself. But I could in no way able to avoid the pillar, the woman is stuck very tightly to it. Cheers, bill