Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
TE Newbie

Default 8 days to travel internationally, where should i go?

I have been to Ireland, England, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, and Kenya (and live in US). I have the opportunity to travel anywhere for a little over a week and will be flying out of chicago. Suggestions? I would like to go somewhere I havent been. Japan, Thailand, Cambodia would be nice but I think the flight might be just a bit too long considering I only have 8 days. Any european or south american destinations you recommend.

I realize this is almost a silly question but I figured I could get some great ideas here that I probably haven't considered.

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:36 AM
TE Expert

Default A last minute invitation

Hello, Alan, I´ve just read your post.
Well, we´re going to Torres, a small city in Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil, to photograph the International Hot Air Baloon Festival next weekend (in fact, it´s a 4 day mini TE meeting).
If you´re interested, please contact me and we can discuss the details. The link to the Festival is in my intro page.

Best regards,
Isabel
Old 04-14-2009, 03:40 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: 8 days to travel internationally, where should i go?

Hi Alan, I know it is hard to choose betwen some destinations, I invite you to check some information about Costa Rica, I have some pictures on this site that can give you and Idea, Costa Rica is very close from USA, just a couple hours from Miami or 3 hours from Houston, Contact me if you whant more information, next week I´ll be two days at Caño Negro National Park trying to get some wild life pictures.
Best Regards.
Luis.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:47 PM
TE Expert

Location: I live in Pessac, city surburb of Bordeaux - France

Come and visit FRANCE! Now for a week, you have to plan what you want to see. I recommend you stay in one place instead of traveling everyday to have a complete view of the country.
A city with lots of history: see the big cities. You like sea: Britany, Normandy, South West, south East (French Riviera). You like mountains: go and visit the Alps or Pyrénées.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
TE Newbie

Thank you all for your input. I will be going to istanbul, thessaloniki, and then prague (ended up being about two weeks of travel time). Any TE members going to be in those cities in early june?
Old 05-27-2009, 12:30 PM
TE Newbie

I suggest you to select place from Carribean, there are so many nice places in Carribean like Jamaica, Aruba, The Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos, Greater Antilles and Lesser Antilles. you can select any thing from this because all places are very beautiful.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:00 PM
TE Newbie

There are many beautiful places to <a href=http:// www.securoseal.com>travel</a>, if you are booking tickets for <a href=http:// www.securoseal.com>air travel</a> you can search many places and plan accordingly.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Alan. 8 days is enought to visit whole Morocco. I have been there in 2008 and during the same time I drove through whole country (1800 km). You can rent a car in Casablanca (cost for week is ca 300 USD), petrol and accomodation are very cheap. For sure you will take tons of beautifull pictures :-)
Old 02-17-2010, 04:13 AM
TE Newbie

8 days not long enough for Cambodia... South American would be you best bet.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:22 PM
TE Senior Member

Default 8 days

Hi Alan,
What you did for one East Europe trip ? Romania and Hungary.
Arrived in Bucharest, visited some castle on Romanian mountain ( Peles from Sinaia, Bran Castle - also know like Dracula Castle ) Bucharest with some impresionated building. After Bucharest with train you go to Budapest and after that return to home.
Also between 19-22 February, are organised one TREK meeting in Istanbul. Are participated TREK-ers from Romania, UK, Italy, Germany and Turkey.
Cheers and see what are you visit in Romania and Hungary.
Your choice

Last edited by nemesiss; 03-01-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Closed Thread