Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 04:37 PM
TE Newbie

Default How include a link in a note

Hi to all of you!!!
For somebody this could seem a very stupid question but for me, that I'm not very able with computer, represent a little problem. In any case...can somebody of you explicate me how include in a note a link to another photo?
Thank you!!!

Elena
Old 03-30-2009, 04:54 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: How include a link in a note

Click on top of the page on "About",then "FAQ" and read point 19.
Good luck,
Leo
Old 03-30-2009, 05:16 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Leo!
Unfortunately don't run...maybe I'm not capable but I followed instructions.
If in example I add <a href="http://www.treklens.com"> nothing appear (neither this string)

Thank you for your kind help!

Elena
Old 03-30-2009, 05:20 PM
TE Newbie

Correction!!! I accidentally understood what was the problem...I didn't write nothing after string.

Another thank you!!!

Elena
Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 PM
TE Expert

This is the way to do it (if you i.e. want trekearth to open in a new window):

<a href="http://www.trekearth.com"target="_blank"> Click for TrekEarth</a>

the code result in this link:

Click forTrekEarth

Good luck
Old 03-31-2009, 05:33 AM
TE Senior Member

Default new page

If you want the link to open in a new page use this;
. . . target="new window" . . .
regards,
David
Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: new page

To David Moed

???????????????????

..just wondering what you in particular have against the HTMLcode target="_blank" to open a new window david. Is it easier for you to cope with HTML if you use target="new window" or are you just a quarrelsome person in need to tell the world that 2 HTML codes may performe the same result. Or maybe it's just for confusing those not so sure of how to use hyper text markup language, so called HTML?

???????????????????

Well David - the thing is that NEW not necessarely is as safe as using _blank which is expected knowledge from anyone with an interest for HTML:

There are some who use “_new” instead of “_blank” as the value for “target” attribute to open a link in new window. There is actually no “_new” defined as frame target names by W3C HTML standards. The only four reserved names are “_blank”, “_parent”, “_self” and “_top”. However, the “_new” value works the same way as “_blank” to launch the linked web documents in new browser window because of graceful error handling by web browsers. So “_new” is not a valid value for “target” attribute in link <a> anchor, and may cause inconsistent behaviour for strictly HTML compliant browser that ignores all other target names as frame target name should begin with an alphabetic character (a-z and A-Z).

When “_new” is used, the web browser will look for an existing browser window that carries the “_new” handle name. If there is none then browser will create and launch the target web document at new window (or new tab in browser that supports tabbed browsing), where browser is considered to be recovering from HTML error of targeting a non-existent window. In this case, the new window will be named “_new”. However, if a window or a tab with “_new” handle already existed, the target page will be loaded into that window instead. Theoretically, you no need to use “_new” as the value for “target”, as any other value name (i.e. “newwindow” or “newtab”) will work to create a new window if the so named window hasn’t existed yet when clicked on the link.

In other word, if you want the links to open in a new window on every click, use the “_blank”. And you can use “_new” or another other valid value name starting with alphabetic character to open a new window and re-use that window for any other subsequent clicks that target to the same name.

Have a top day with your new windows :-)
Old 03-31-2009, 10:13 AM
TE Expert

..and while we are at the html codes.

Try this one:

<a href="javascript:wnd=window.open('http://www.jo hanson.info/diverse/louis.htm','PopUp','scrollbars =no,width=500,height=500');wnd.focus();">What a wo nderful world>></a>

for this result:
What a wonderful world>>

:-)))))))))))
Old 03-31-2009, 10:32 AM
TE Senior Member

(on or off TE) i am and always will be completely in love with this song, performed by Louis Armstrong's particular voice - for what it says, for what it shows, for that particular look on his face while singing, for that complete smile ;o), for how it makes me feel, for that sight and that sound ... it is indeed the expression of what a wonderful world to me ... it never failed to make my day, ever

so
thank you, jack! ;o)
Old 03-31-2009, 11:29 AM
TE Newbie

Default Thank you!!!

Thank you very much Jack! Today I can say to have learned something interesting about "Technology world" (that is, for me, a very very misterious world!!!) :-)))
And thank you also for the musical interlude by Louis Armstrong...it make me feel by good mood.

Have a nice day

Elena