Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great stego 2009-01-27 15:28

Hi David,

It's nice to see you coming back after a long absence. And I see you do it in a great way!
The place is magical by itself, but with that light it looks even more stunning. If I had taken this one, I would hesitate cutting the FG stupa fearing that it wouldn't result compo wise, but actually it was very wise, as the visual arrangement of the stupas is very pleasing.

While I don't like the "true HDR appearance" we see in some photos, I have nothing against the use of that technique to overcome the limited latitude of the sensors, that don't match our eyes. As a matter of fact, I don't use it more often because it is frequent that I can't avoid the unnatural appearance or hallos. The less "natural" thing in this photo is the light, as it is so heavenly and that, of course, it isn't a flaw, but one of the charms of the image. The darker areas, namely the stupas, look quite natural, so I think you did a flawless job in PP. I dare saying the same about the original post, although I prefer this version.

Regards, José.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:27 AM
TE Expert

Default To delnaja: Bonjour Fred,

Bonjour Fred
Merci pout ton commentaire qui me donne l'occasion de redécouvrir ton travail parisien intéressant et que je vais suivre de plus prêt.
Bonne journée
Marc