Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 10:50 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: more than 40 points in 24 hours?

Tu es la voix de la raison Loïc :)
Old 01-27-2009, 05:52 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Diane,

You can also, if you time it right, post two images nearly back to back based on when TE flips the clock ;)

Cheers!

Bob G.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:07 PM
TE Junior Member

I am amazed to see that you have the time to attribute more than 40 points in 24 hours.:)
Is this so important for you?
Regards,
Nelu
Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 AM
TE Expert

Merci Xavier pour tes explications. J'ai vérifié et en effet j'ai envoyé plusieurs critiques vers entre 0:00 et 0:15 qui ont du être comptabilisées sur la journée précédente. Je ne pensais pas que ma petite question toute simple allait déclencher une telle polémique autour des points, à laquelle je n'ai du reste pas très envie de participer! Liberté chérie... (points, pas points, chacun fait comme il veut!)
En plus mon mauvais anglais est un handicap certain dans ce genre de discussion et je préfère garder mon temps pour regarder les photos des autres!
Bonne journée et à bientôt
Diane
Old 01-28-2009, 07:45 AM
TE Expert

Hi Penti,
Welcome on TE!
I do not want to participate in a war about points. It is possible also to refuse to give or to see the points which we give you. Each one is free. But I like looking at the photos of the others, and I like analyzing them. I often make long criticisms and I believe that it is what what allowed me to progress a lot. It is important to analyze what we like and what we do not like and formulating it. I also say when something does not please me in a photo and I propose sometimes WS.
TE is for me a great school of photo. Sometimes I do not have of time in the week to criticize, then if I have time the WE, I like to catch up my delay then I was amazed to be able to exceed the usual quota. It was only a problem of clock!
Best regards
Diane
Old 01-28-2009, 07:55 AM
TE Expert

Hi Nelu,
What is important for me it is to see and to analyze by writing (it is very important to write, it obliges to think!) as much as possible of photos in the time which I have of available. It is like that that I made progress in photo and that I made magnificent discoveries (artistic and human!). The problem of points is secondary but as I like rewarding my pupils to the school, I admit that I find amusing this system of points.
In any case each is free or not to participate in it. I do not give points to receive some. I give points when I like the photo and I also criticize those who do not enter this system!
Best regards
Diane
Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 AM

Clio (Diane)

Who would have thought that a simple question about why you were able to give more points than you expected would have generated so much heat, and so little light ?? :-(

And Pentti,
It's not your fault that your comments created such reaction. It's just that those of us who have been here a long time have seen the comments and suggestions many times, and have seen those comments and suggestions ignored by those running the site just as many times! I don't think it's reasonable to expect new members to read every previous post before asking questions, but frustration in the responses from the oldies is also to be expected. Just enjoy the photography and critiques and don't worry too much about points.