Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 01-23-2009, 09:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Default And we've come full circle then...

"You may not rate a workshop photo created by the original photographer"

Why is that exactly? I've seen some incredibly useful and interesting workshops posted by original photographers. These range from alternate views, different cropping techniques, different post-processing applications, etc. I really appreciate when people take the time to offer just that little bit extra.

What's the downside that I'm missing?

Bob G.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: And we've come full circle then...

You're free to comment on them - just not rate them...
Old 01-23-2009, 10:11 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Kaj,

I honestly understand the English behind the TOS. My question is why and what is the downside of rating a workshop posted by an original photographer

Any insights?

Bob G.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Sorry, I can't help you there - as I'm not able to see the downside of not rating them.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:16 AM
TE Junior Member

I'm with you, Kaj. What the hell, all this nitpicking crap, and the best photographers are leaving like some Biblical exodus.

Take a freaking Valium. Who gives a crap what someone posts in a workshop. By the way, you don't need the Valium, Kaj.

Farah
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 AM
TE Senior Member

Bob I thing in fact that just because you haven't do said if the WS is usefull or not (that is decided by the author of the original post - and they are the same...)
but you cann comment it... if you had send a critick or comment now you cann't edit it to added some words but you cann make it by giving an answer to your first opinion.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:24 AM
TE Junior Member

Wow Farah,

With responses that useful, warm and collaborative I can't believe anyone would ever think to leave TE. Actually though, I give a crap about learning and sharing knowledge in any way I can so if someone posts an educational workshop I care - or is that bad? Dare I suggest that maybe more caring and less Valium is in order? Oops - I just did. Crap! I am truly a sh*tty person.

Seriously, I was just asking a question here Farah to see what possible nefarious purposes could lurk behind such a simple change before I sent a recommendation to IB. For reasons apparently beyond my capacity to understand nobody seems like they give enough of a crap to try to consider or investigate a (very) simple idea. For how little it might be worth to some, IB tells me its a decent suggestion so maybe they'll offer that opportunity in the future...maybe not. Maybe it will encourage some small additional usefulness on TE...maybe not. I promise I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Sorry if the thread wasted too much of your day 'cause I sure didn't mean it to. I mistook this for the Internet and a forum in which people pose questions and ask for other people's views.

Kaj, I don't think you need a Valium either mate ;)

Bob G.