Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great riclopes 2009-01-21 2:01

Olá David, impressive view of the Port. These colorful giants can be pretty charming and attractive for photography. You did a good work with the FG. The shapes and colors of the boats along with the reflexions are appealing. Also the cranes have interesting graphic qualities, reminding me of a comunity of dinossaurs - love that yellow girafe neck at right. The vision of Baku in the distance completes well the view.
p.s.- after reading your critic to my post of Abu Simbel, I'm very curious about your trip in Egypt - hope your enjoying it as much as we did. In spite of the hassling, we loved it.
cheers,
ric

Old 01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To riclopes: Hassling in Egypt

Hi Ricardo,

I wouldn't say I 'loved' Egypt - perhaps 'satisfied' is a more appropriate word - satisfied that I managed to get some good photos. But I put Egypt in the same category as Colombo - a place that I have no desire to go back to because of the constant hassling and the fact that everyone on the streets seems to be a middleman out to cheat and swindle visitors out of as much money as they can. I've been to Egypt before, so I knew what to expect. The only reason I came here was to use up some frequent flyer points with Qatar Airways before they expired - and the only destination to which I could use the points on the dates I was free was Luxor. I will be leaving tomorrow. After five days of hearing 'baksheesh, baksheesh' every time I pointed a camera at something, and not being able to walk on the street without someone trying to sell you something or beg for money, I shall not be sad to get on the plane home.

At least the weather is cooler here than at home, so that was a pleasant change for me :)

Cheers . . . David