Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Please look at this

I'm wondering what my problem is. It can't be anyone else's problem......Can it?

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo999415.htm

How was this viewed 280 times without ONE comment? Is it because the author isn't a good photographer? Is it because he/she doesn't own an SLR? Is it because he/she doesn't have a social network? Can it really be that only myself and Bev were moved to tears by this photo? Only one other photo on this site has gotten that reaction from me.

I think it's a shame. Maybe I just have bad taste. I would like to know honestly what others think about this photo.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:27 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Please look at this

Hi
Again and Again for the billion time.
You should read this thread first.

http://www.trekearth.com/read.php?f=1&t=700196&m=964469&tt=flat
Old 12-18-2008, 02:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Default ?????????

I have read that thread. I posted in that thread. I made my point. Can you explain yours?
Old 12-18-2008, 03:07 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Please look at this

Farah,
Thanks for this one, I have looked at the picture and it is a beauty. Beats me why some pictures get points and comments and other don't, this one has it all.
However, the quality of a picture is subjective, I could take a picture of a cast iron drain cover and some one some where will find it interesting, but some picture you feel, like this one, should be appreciated by everyone.
mike
Old 12-18-2008, 03:36 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: ?????????

I have mostly the same advice of Jack jrj.
Otherwise I am not on line 24 h / 24 h; it's not possible for me to discover all the pictures in TE, it's just a hobby without constraints.
I began like him six years ago and I never complain about not enough points or not enough critics for me or for the others.
Everybody is free to make a choice to critic a picture with his feelings without being forcing by someone else.
Cheers
Old 12-18-2008, 04:03 PM

Literally hundreds of pictures are posted on the site every day and probably most disappear without comment or critique. I have very limited time available to me these days and it's the images which catch the eye in thumbnail version that I will view more often than not. The picture mentioned in this thread certainly fits all the requirements of the TOS, but doesn't have immediate impact.
Does that make it a bad picture? Absolutely not, but it does probably mean it will receive less feedback.
The number of views is also extremely misleading as spiders and bots are used by many companies searching for images which fit certain criteria such a a specific word anywhere in the associated text. The number doesn't mean the number of members who have viewed it.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:12 PM
TE Expert

Good arguments Keith.

<a href="http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo261492.htm">Why don't we all just relax and enjoy the most viewed (375.000x) photo at TE )
Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Thanks for answering the question I posed

Hi Mike,

Better than a out of focus duck, Yes? I appreciate you responding.

Not everyone needs to appreciate it, but surely some can. Not even the precious points....Just a comment.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
TE Expert

Thank's Jack for making me discovering this picture.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:42 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Thanks for answering the question I posed

Like some others said : so many pictures, not everybody has hours and hours to look at them all... I wouldn't say the shot is technically bad, but on the other hand does it really jump out of mediocrity ? Is it that special ? I don't know... Perhaps more info in the note could make us think this shot is something different ?
And please, don't think I say it is a "bad" picture, but nothing special too...