Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 01:41 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: why was Polonaise's account disabled ???

I managed to have some news from Georges.

It is not a mystake. A group of administrators decided sudennely to delate George's account beceause of his general disturbing attitude.

So, it is a SHAME, and we have to PROTEST very loudely !!!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:44 AM
TE Junior Member

Is 9am TE time US Eastern time?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:45 AM
TE Expert

>>It is not a mystake. A group of administrators decided sudennely to delate George's account beceause of his general disturbing attitude.

BLATANT STUPIDITY!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 AM
TE Expert

>>Is 9am TE time US Eastern time?

no, TE is on Pacific time. EST - 3hrs
Old 12-18-2008, 01:47 AM
TE Expert

Tomorrow 9 AM for Europe ?
I'll post it, it's sure.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:10 AM
TE Junior Member

Thanks.

This is as upsetting to me as when I heard of the "Suspiria" remake. It's tragic. I may never see "Her" again, or "Hotty". Who will put me in my place?

"Your fotkas suck" was the single greatest thing anyone said to me since my Vet told me I was fat.

well, if I see someone on Hollywood beach with lens fully erected and right up in someone elses face, I'll know who it is.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:34 AM
TE Junior Member

Thanks Grazyna for confirming this.

It's unbelievable... and makes me very sad.
We could argue about George's comments but not about the strength of his photography.

To make things clear I suggest to move to

9 AM Eastern Time
7 AM Pacific Time (the TE timer)
12 AM (noon) Paris-Brussels time
12 PM (midnight) Perth-Singapore time (...)

This should allow most people to post (sorry for Japan and others ;-)
Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:42 AM
TE Expert

Well... yes. We can all post a black photo. Like dressing ourselves in black in time of mourning. But I don't think it will change one bit the decision they have made. I'm roaming TE (and TL, as an outsider) for long enough to know that it won't change one bit their decision, if they don't want to change it. They know that after the wave of disapproval, things will get back to normal. They will have their neat peaceful TE again. They might delete this thread. They will surely delete the black photos. They might even delete accounts of people who are protesting too much (and disturbing the neat and peaceful TE).

I have been following the work of George since he posted his first photos on TE. His photos were ones of the best on TE. They were skilfully presented, he put much of his knowledge (photographically and artistically speaking) in every one of his photos, and he had funny and quite often thought provoking notes. He was one of the rare ones being able to say what he thought about the photos of the others. I'll admit, it's not easy to take a critique from Polonaise when it is not a praising one. But are we still school boys and girls? Can we be all like Kristine and Farah and Kristaps and have the wisdom to accept that George has the right to give his opinion, and we have the right to disagree? Or better, to think about what he writes and "think" about it (after our initial reaction of wanting him to go to h...)? You might think it is easy for me because George praised my photos. Look, my gallery is not that big, you can find at least two photos in there where George were far from praising them! In fact, true to himself, he was so ironic, that I could not help it and I simply laughed out loud!

Hey! We are supposed to live in a free society. George has the right to his opinions. And we all have the right to agree or disagree.

So, dear moderator(s) who have taken the decision of disabling the account of George Grabarczyk, are you sure you want to delete the account of one of the best assets of this site that you are supposed to promote? Are you sure you want to silence one of its most original voice and valuable member? Are you sure TE can afford to lose more than 500 good photos?

Well... think twice!

Ok, maybe the black photo would mean the same as what I wrote here. A PROTEST! But... I've never been good with time, so don't expect me to post a photo, black or whatever, at the right time! :)))

Claire
Old 12-18-2008, 04:23 AM
TE Junior Member

Bonjour Claire.

You are so good at writing (and playing music ;-)!
... be sure, my black image will exactly mean what you wrote.

It is simply easier (and more spectacular) for anyone who's not fluent in English to post a black image.

This being said I knew George from his numerous, often strange, comments and I did appreciate his gallery though I barely criticized one of his pictures... and he rarely visited my gallery.

My gallery is probably closer to what TE administrators expect as contributions... but I can't accept the idea that freedom of expression is being banned from this site.
(except when someone starts to become obviously agressive and swearing like Scott recently)

How can one throw away thousands of hours spent interacting with people and positively contributing to photography as an art.

If "they" want to restore (?) a more "politically correct" TE... I suggest other actions than banning active/influential/senior members... this forum is full of a list of many useful suggestions!

I hope George has kept his sense of humour and surrealism...

Administrators... once again... we want to hear from you.
What is your vision for TE ?
Are you sure we all adhere to your vision ?
This is WAS NOT Panoramio or Flickr... but it may very soon become an insignificant website.
Eric /.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:27 AM
TE Junior Member

This is awful... It is particularly awful because it is done behind the scenes, without justifications and reasoning, and with the suppression of the resulting questions and discussions.
Polonaise's contribution to this site was significant, both photographically and through his personality, even if, or maybe just because he was annoying more often than not. It is a disgrace that another talented member was canned for his attitude, and I would expect this thread to disappear soon, as have always disappeared previous ones discussing similar topics.
As for the posting of black images, they will do nothing because deleting them is just too easy. TE is a commercial site now, which is I reckon large enough now in order not to suffer losses in advertising fees because George is out.
Roland