Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great batalay 2008-11-01 21:36

Hello Kaj,

What an astonishing capture! It is a shame to make the image so narrow, but the height appears to be the full 800 pixels allowed. Of course, the narrow image does accentuate the verticality of the scene.

I am not sure I could have even tried to photograph my son doing a bungy jump, yet alone do the jump myself, but good luck to you. A few years ago some of my university students tried to get me to do a skydive in honor of their graduation. I tentatively agreed, until my son, a physician, absolute forbade me! I had a very good reason then to submit my regrets to my students.

Warm regards,
Bulent

Old 11-03-2008, 12:47 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To batalay: Narrow image...

Hi Bulent,

Thanks for your nice word about my capture from the Verzasca Dam.

The hight of the image is 700 pixels, as I make portraits 700 pixels to avoid scrolling (at least on my screen) and landscapes the full 800 pixels. However the narrow width in this one came natural, partly to stress the verticality, but also to avoid distracting parts of the concrete on both sides.

I believe photographing my son's jump was a way of distancing myself from the potential danger he was in. It was as if the camera body acted as some kind of "protection".

Thanks again and best regards,
Kaj