Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 04:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: TE best images stolen...

Images may be stolen, but with the limitation of TrekEarth's 300 kilobytes they can hardly be printed in acceptable resolution.

And, "Imitation is the best form of flattery".
Old 11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
TE Expert

To Ray
The goal for the people who copying pictures is not for printing pictures but posting in different commercial sites
Old 11-01-2008, 08:50 PM
TE Expert

ray
with a 200 ko picture, you can print a very good 10*15cm image....
Old 11-02-2008, 01:00 AM
TE Expert

Green and other friendos,

I know we already had this discussion already and you certainly right when mentionning that you can easily take control of any photo on the web, with a screen capture among other tricks.

But Loic is absolutely right when he mentionned that by blocking the "click right option" or the "click and drag", it would already be an obstacle, therefore reducing the amount of photo stolen. To illustrate my point, I could take myself as the perfect idiot who doesn't know how to copy a photo if it's block (other than making a screen capture and cropping it after in Photoshop). So if there is other dummies than myself and that they don't use Photoshop, maybe there's already a high percentage of "copyright delinquants" that would be off-service.

Just consider one thing; you have to be really stupid to appropriate yourself the work of others and make it yours. So if you are that dumb, than maybe you don't know neither how to copy them when they are blocked.

And Green, without any form of sarcasm, but rather a simple question: Why would a top-popular website like Flickr would go the extra mile to offer their members this option, if it wouldn't be helpful?

Have you noticed lately how many members from TE have migrated their, out of frustration from the lame operation system of TE?

Instead of implementing this locking system that have been part of so many debates and would satisfied a lot of us, here on TE, the admins have put their effort on very useful crap, aka the Photo Widget.. Like if members would use it to look at others photos.

To tell you the truth, I'm mostly here for the members and their great shots, not for TE in itself. It's the community that makes it a special place, not the functionality of the site. I just wish it could work more smoothly. I'm not condemning Adam neither, as his idea still live on and growing, but compared to other sites, it doesn't have the edge anymore.

You know, it's about standing-by and see the parade pass in front of you, instead of being proactive and try to come out with a better website, day after day.

There might be 55 000 members here, but how many really makes it lively??? 150, 200 persons at most? This is the core of TE, people who post everyday or maybe 100, 150 photos a year and engaged themselves in a dynamic of exchange with people who shares similar interests and build up this community doing so.

So when considering that notorious members migrate to Flickr and other photo websites on a weekly basis, than maybe "insiders" like yourself should consider reacting according to frustration expressed here, instead of bragging how good you are at stealing any photo on the web you want.

I don't know how they choose the moderators here, but it's certainly not based on their forward attitude and capabilities of intervention for improving this site.

At most, the only thing you can do is chasing people who posts cats and flowers pix.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:15 PM
TE Expert

Salut Andre!
Can you disclose the link where the guy explains how he shot your picture? It must be an interesting website!

Il y en a qui ne manquent pas d'air comme on dit!
;D
L.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:07 PM
TE Expert

andré, j'en ai presque les larmes aux yeux apres ton intervention...
everything is soooooooo true!

cheers
Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 PM
TE Expert

Salut Laurent,

Peut-être que ce thread permettra à la personne qui m'avait donné l'information de te répondre - il s'agissait d'un membre que je ne connaissais pas - mais je ne sais plus de quel blog il s'agit. J'avais d'ailleurs fait parvenir un message à la blogueuse (c'était une fille), lui demandant cxomment elle avait obtenu de si bons résultats... LOL!!! Puis après qu'elle m'ait répondu, je lui ai fait comprendre qu'elle était timbrée et lui ai demandé de retirer la photo en question.

En fait, il s'agit d'une photo somme toute très banale, prise à San Gimignano...

http://www.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=5&p=829147

Elle avait même laissé le cadre noir autour, alors que ses photos à elle - ou qu'elle avait piqué ailleurs - n'en avaient pas.

Ce qui me fait d'ailleurs dire que les gens qui s'approprient nos photos ne savent pas nécessairement comment les adapter dans Photoshop. Alors même si les gens font des "drag and drop" de nos images, dû au laxisme de TE et leur manque de volonté pour corriger le tir, il ne savent même pas comment les "photoshpper"... Dans le cas de cette fille, c'est clair qu'elle n'aurait pas su copier la photo en question, si elle avait été vérouillée...

Mais bon, il y a ici des IT qui s'imaginent que tout le monde peu faire pareil comme eux, comme si nous étions tous des informaticiens... Moi, je crée des logos et des emballages pour gagner ma groûte, et incidemment, je ne connais pas les trucs de passe-passe des IT. Je ne présume pas non plus que tout le monde sait "designer" un emballage de biscuits, une boîte de céréales ou des tubes de dentifrice, parce que moi je sais le faire...

Salut Laulau!

Dédé
Old 11-03-2008, 09:02 AM
TE Expert

DD
quand je pense qu'au debut tu ne savais meme pas qu'on pouvait faire une note en français ET en anglais!
quel bouleversement!
tu es mon idole!!!!
tu as tout compris...
pourquoi est ce que nous ne sommes que deux a le comprendre...???
:-(
Old 11-04-2008, 03:09 AM
TE Junior Member

I have never seen a "very good' 15 centimeter photo from a 200 kilobyte original, unless fuzzy is very good?
Old 11-04-2008, 07:07 AM
TE Junior Member

You missed the point, Andre. Those who complain in the forum about their stolen photos are, without exception, thrilled that they produced something which someone, somewhere, of however poor taste, believed was worth reproducing. By feigning indignation at the so-called theft they hope to gain some distinction above the ocean of mediocrity. Good photographers either don't care or don't post. They don't turn to Flickr for salvation.