Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great ALSOM 2006-07-04 10:28

Hello Viviane,

Thanks, I feel honored ...
I think for such backlight capture and with the benefit of the b/w conversion, you are directly focus and the mood and the shapes and the photo suddenyl becomes less postcard-like (nothing against though) and more appealing in the sense it makes you think, to analyze the composition, to check out what you like or dislike.

Of course the birds make the photo, their silhouettes really stand out.

I don't know how the color version looks like, I think the b/w here delivers more texture to the sea, highlighting the quieteness from horizontal lines immediatly broken by the pier structure, a messy structure. The unstructured & busy bottom part has to be compared with airness and lightness of the top section.

If I can suggest one more processing, is to dodge more the bright light on the sea to re-enforce the presence of the sun.

The only thing that would bother me (a little) is the massive dark square boxes/cants), i'm not sure you can work it out to bring a little more details.

I like it, no because of the reference ;o) but because of the idea and your creative approach to convey in better way your feeling for the moment caught.

PS: I forgot to ask, have you also tried a sepia version of it ?
Thanks, Alain -

Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 AM
TE Newbie

Default To ALSOM: Inspiration in Black & White [I] (50)

Bonsoir
En Franšais cela s'appelle,LE COPINAGE.
au revoir.
Jeanne