Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great patdeph 2008-04-18 4:41

hello Kevin
this is something that I had remarked in Thailand and that I liked very much,their great tolerance!I think that there are not more transexual in this country than in another,but they simply don't need to hide themselves!They can have a normal life,they can find a job,and nobody look at them as they were ludicrous!Your photo shows this very well,they have a very happy expression!And we feel that they like to take the pose!Nice and colourful picture!
Have a nice evening
Pascale
tomorrow

Old 04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To patdeph: Trannsexuals

Hi Pascale. You comments of Thai transsexuals is interesting. I am sure you are right most countries probably have about the same number of people who long to live in trans gender, it's just that in Thailand, it is possible to do so, without losing your job or the respect of the community. I think the fact that Thai men are often short and slender makes the male female transition easier too. Transsexuals people are recorded in Thai history going back centuries, so tradition also makes it acceptable: every village has always has some. In addition, Buddhism is not so stressed out about gender issues as western religion are. Buddhists seem to see trans gender as a result of 'Kama'. In moving from one incarnation to another, sometime the transition is not complete. That way it is seen as natural - a natural occurrence in the development of Kama- and therefore not to be despised.