Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > TE Projects

Notices

Old 01-01-2005, 10:55 AM
TE Expert

Default Tsunami Calendar: Title Suggestions?

Are there any suggestions for what title to use for the calendar? For example:

"Tribute to the Victims of the Tsunami"
"Indian Ocean Tsunami - Tribute to Victims"

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:53 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Tsunami Calendar: Title Suggestions?

My 0.02 euro-cts :

I think a calendar should first be a hope message and a hommage to the people of this part of the world, though its aim should be clearly stated.

That's why I would think to subtitle it "A tribute to the victims of the 2004 tsunami" but only after a more positive title such as "People and places of the Indian Ocean" for instance.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:03 PM
TE Expert

I agree with Luko that the focus would be better placed on a message of home. I'm not certain what should be the title, but I like the idea of including words along the lines of "Our human family..." or some such notion. If we've learned anything during this tragedy, it is the folks from Asia who suffer are not other than us. Their suffering, their grief is no different from what we experience wherever we live. If healing is to happen in this situation, it will come from our shared concern for one another. We really are all members of this extended human family. That, of course, is one of the beauties of TrekEarth and I would hope that this would be conveyed in a calendar.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:07 PM

I agree with the positive message at the begining. No ideas at the moment but if I remember I'll post it. Still the "People and places of the Indian Ocean" is a good simple title.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:32 AM
TE Junior Member

I like the title:

Tranquil Times from TrekEarth
Old 01-26-2005, 08:29 AM
TE Expert

i was travelling when this was posted, so didn't see it

why not just call it "hope" ??
Old 02-27-2005, 12:22 PM
TE Junior Member

Its a great idea with such a calender. Perhaps it would be good with a general name of it. E.g., 'Trekearth Aid Calender', 'Photographers Without Borders' etc.

It should of course be supplemented by a more specific title. E.g., 'Tsunami Relief 05', 'Tribute to the Tsunami Victims' or the like.

What I like about the idea of a generic name supplemented by a specific title is that it allows for the possibility of making the calender and anual thing. If the tsunami calender is a success there is all the reason in the world (sic!) to continue it.

There are a lot of other aid-worthy disasters out there. They are not all as 'sexy' as the tsunami. But this makes it all the more important to call attention to them. I could imagine future callenders with the themes of 'Street Children of the World', 'AIDS victims of Africa', 'Beggers of India', 'Democrats in USA' (sorry - couldn't resist) etc.

I believe that many of us sometimes feel that we somehow exploit the people in need who we photograph. An anual calender would be an ideal way to give something back!

Best regards,
Mikkel

PS: I am aware the idea of making an anual calender requries a lot of work, but I'm confident that TE'ers will go out of their way to help.