Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great plimrn 2008-02-03 14:07

Hi Stan,
I love the way you captured the detail of the dancer's face; he is clearly lost in the dance. It's not an easy task to get such great detail throughout; yet that face clearly makes the photo. Now this young fellow reminds me a LOT of the dancers from my childhood.
HLJ, Pat

Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To plimrn: Pow Wow Dancer

Hello again Pat,
I really appreciate you taking the time to review my earlier posts, especially my pow wow photos. I was very discouraged by the lack of response to my earlier pow wow postings. I almost dropped out of the Trek Earth forum because of this. I am a persistent cuss and I don't give up easily, and I hung in there. I have been a photographer for over twenty years, so I must have more persistence than common sense anyway. This is a tough business, both for an amateur and for a part-time professional like me. I have come to the conclusion that we must please ourselves first before we listen to public opinion.

I love taking pow wow photos and I am always in admiration of the Native American Nations who have preserved their cultural the best that they can in spite of overwhelming odds against their success. Thank God that the bigotry of previous generations has largely diminished.
Thanks again,

Stan
Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To plimrn: Pow Wow Dancer

As I said, I really enjoyed the Indian dances. I'm glad you didn't drop out of TE before I found your photos.

Interestingly I met a fellow who has supported himself with photography in Texas & Oregon. He did arial photography for real estate sales, when he got to Oregon he also took photos for postcards and of people's houses along the coast and offered proofs to the ownwers. Now that he's retired he has a graphic design business and does brochures for motels.

HLJ, Pat