Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 12-04-2004, 01:42 AM
TE Newbie

Default The power of TE: an international meeting

Thanks to Adam and this webpage, <A HREF="http://www.trekearth.com/members/jeppe">Jeppe</A> and I got to know each other in Denmark. The proof can be seen in <A HREF="http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo20100.htm">this picture</A>. Jeppe's shadow is to the right, mine is to the left. This is the place where he took his <A HREF=http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo20100.htm">first TE picture</A>, and he showed me many other places in the Island of Fyn where he took many other TE pictures.
I don't know if this has happened before but TE has just joined two members that live many thousands kilomenters appart and didn't knew each other before.
So perhaps we could arrange a "First International TE Meeting" and see what happens.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:27 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: The power of TE: an international meeting

Yes, historical moment!
Congratulations, piotr
Old 12-04-2004, 08:01 AM

no no... Me and Kourosh met Darren in March 2004 in Hong Kong. Then I met Claude in Calcutta 2004.
taking pictures with another photo freaks - a lot of fun ;)
Old 12-04-2004, 08:35 AM
TE Senior Member

I just got back from a small scale International TE Meeting. Philip Coggan, Thien Tran, Sara Heinrichs (awfulsara); we did nine days in Myanmar. It was a great trip and lots of fun hanging out with photography nerds like myself.

I had previously met Philip, last year in Cambodia. I went out shooting with Maciek and Kourosh in Hong Kong earlier this year and have met and gone shooting with Alanagh here in Taipei. I am still hoping someone will meet me in VietNam in February, although I am not having luck coordinating schedules.

TE is really great in that it has given us the chance to make real world contacts in our little online community.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:02 PM
TE Expert

news fromParis: we have already had two TE meetings of 14-15 members all living in hte area and are planning another one soon;-) And iagree this is a great idea and a good way to meet people sharing the same pasion to discover newx places. I have personally met Claude in paris and then Delhi, as well as Sohrab in Dehli.. Big family.. so welcome to the international club;-)
Cheers
Eric
Old 12-11-2004, 11:07 PM
TE Junior Member

not the first ;), this Year I've met with two wonderfull girls - Charmante and Roshangar in Iran
Old 12-12-2004, 07:47 AM
TE Junior Member

Wow, I need to get hold of some money so I can go abroad and meet some of you guys!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:14 PM
TE Expert

At least for me not so far away 'get togethering' - still as I have an open invitation for anyone visiting the southern part of our country, this year we had the pleasure to meet Portplume (Viviane) from Holland and (Mikalych) Dmitry from Moscow. Both with spouses and the latter also with their son.

So for anyone in this part of the world who like to try some nights in our mountains, ourlittle guesthouse is a spledid place for a night or two for any bypassing TE-friends (some more info on my intro page).
Old 12-13-2004, 05:26 AM
TE Junior Member

The Myanmar trip was a joy for us but I think it took a toll on Philip. He worries so much about us he was pretty sick most of the time. I know I would too if a member of my team was refused the visa a few days before the trip and another missed his flight. So Philip, thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking all the heat for us.

In the end, I met some wonderful TE members

Philip, the "kid-napper": I have never see anyone move so stealthily into a house, grab the kids and move them to the light to get a perfect shot before this trip. All without having the parents chasing us with axes and hoes. Philip talent also includes monks of all ages and apparently women falls for his charms too.

Darren, the "kid-snapper": This man is like a machine, with his Sigma 70-200mm, Darren rivals the Terminator. A perfect lethal combination from the Cedar's zoom's school and Maciek's trigger-happy's school. You can run but you can't hide.

Sara, the "kid-pamper": The motherly figure in the group, gives that much needed woman touch. Her presence prevented the mob from hanging the team in the town square after we've successively stormed people houses, crashed kitchen doors, grabbed kids, posed monks (all in total respects, of course), etc...

Me, the "kid-crapper": As in "all my kids shots are craps". In light of such stunning competition, I carved out a niche for myself and known within the group as the sunrise-sunset-landscape freak. Hey, someone got to do the dirty works.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:01 AM
TE Expert

I missed the Paris meeting by one week, but met Simon/Flydragon, with Tom/alimo3 and his charming wife Vero/Bipbip. i think I will meet manny in BKK next month.