Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM
TE Senior Member

Default New Zealand - when to visit!?!?

Dear TE members,
I've been planning a trip to New Zealand for next year! I had august or september in mind, so I could have some skiing there! But, I've been checking the weather conditions lately and it seems to be extremely rainy, everywhere, so I thought I could ask you guys, who live there or who have been there to tell me about the better time of the year to visit that Country!
I'll be looking forward to helpful answers!
Cheers,
Neyvan
Old 09-12-2011, 04:58 PM

You'll probably get a lot more in depth information if you ask the question on Trip Advisor.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:15 PM
TE Expert

Default NZ

August September is the end of winter in NZ & the beginning of Spring, & only a few places like Mt Hutt & the Tasman Glacier are open until the end of October. April would be a fantastic time to visit. Fall colors in the South Island, not excessively rainy or snowy, & mild days & cool to cold nights. The lupins in the South Island around Mt Cook are nice in Spring.

Some must sees:

Milford Sound, Mt Cook, Queenstown, Franz Joseph Glacier (get a return scenic flight up) Queen Marlborough Sound to Picton from Wellington, Rotorua, & White Island if time. Not sure if Akaroa has recovered from the Christchurch quake? Cape Reinga & Bay of Islands were also nice.

Closed Thread