Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great jmdaoudal 2007-09-13 21:59

Hi Bulent,
I am not surprised Jaap is considering this composition as in relation with Pavarotti's character.. There are so many feelings about the man and the attitudes, and also life.
Thanks for coming to "Le Pont du Gard", this was also for me the occasion to visit you and your site and discover the scientist and the author you are.
Compliments for this Math and the Mona Lisa.
Like in this composition there is much care to offer a stimulation of sensations (by imagination for others than vision).
A wave ( and I know about it being living at sea side ) is not a shot you can point and press at the camera.. You have to decide in relation of what you intend to obtain.
Your wave is completed, going the right way, the wind is giving a nice effect to the top. Colors and "consistance" are effective.
I like it
Jean Michel

Old 09-14-2007, 02:46 PM
TE Expert

Default To jmdaoudal: The Angry Sea...

Man thanks, Jean Michel, for the thoughtful remarks. It is a tribute to level of intelligence and taste of Trekearth subscribers that the tributes to Luciano Pavarotti have garnered so many sympathethic comments. As for your words about the sea, as someone who has lived on the sea, you are absolutely right you cannot just point and shoot. When I took this photograph, the conditions were truly miserable. I wanted to get closer to the bannister to steady the camera, but was afraid of winding up in the water. I took only 5-6 shots. Two others were comparable in drama and in exposure quality. Years ago I had painted the image of an angry sea that was astonishingly close in structure to this, and that is the only reason I chose to submit this one.

Warm regards,

Bulent
Old 09-15-2007, 10:38 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To jmdaoudal: The Angry Sea...

many thanks for this talk we had
Cordialement
Jean Michel