Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Angshu 2007-09-13 21:00

Hello Professor A
Perhaps the first picture I'm seeing of a wave & only a wave. At first glace, to understand the scale of it is difficult..but if it's 20 feet high, these are really big waves. Like the reflection of the sun on the crest. Superbly sharp, we see the details in the water very clearly...& observing these details, I feel one understands the beauty of the shot.
With Warmest Regards
Angshuman

Old 09-14-2007, 04:22 AM
TE Expert

Default To Angshu: Big wave...

Hello Angshu,

It is now 0:20 am just past midnight on Friday morning in Washington, DC. I believe it is 10:20 am Friday morning in Calcutta.

When I took this photograph, the conditions were truly miserable. I wanted to get closer to the bannister to steady the camera, but was afraid of winding up in the water. I took only 5-6 shots. Two others were comparable in drama and in exposure quality. Years ago I had painted the image of an angry sea that was astonishingly close in structure to this, and that is the only reason I chose to submit this one. Just one big wave.

Warmest regards and have a good weekend,

Bulent
Old 09-18-2007, 04:04 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Angshu: Big wave...

Sorry to reply so late dear professor. It would be great if you could attach a picture of your painting as a Workshop. Not for comparison, but just to see what you conceived as a huge wave when you did the painting & now the real wave in the picture. Would be pretty interesting, in case if it's not too difficult.
Warmest Regards
Angshu
PS : My latest post is dedicated to you. When you see it you'll know why.