Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photography

Notices

Old 11-04-2004, 09:37 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Kenneth Fugate-- Chasing Storms

This forum has gone a bit quiet in the last few days so I thought I'd try and rekindle some interest.

Here's another portfolio I have come to admire owned by Kenneth Fugate. Another keen amateur photographer but his focus is in a genre and hobby I know absolutely nothing about which made it all the more fascinating for me.

Recently in National Geographic Magazine a feature was run on tornadoes and chasing storms and if you have seen this article the pictures are just incredible but were all taken at serious personal risk of injury or death. Kenneth's arent at NG's level of insanity but they come very close. If he got any closer...

He has an incredible sense of lighting and use of colour and his sense of composition adds an air of majesty to the clouds and sky-- they really underline his respect and appreciation of the power and beauty of the sky. So, without further ado:

Kenneth Fugate I have linked to his main page on photo.net and encourage you to read his introduction before proceeding to the galleries.

Cheers,

MK
Old 11-04-2004, 03:31 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Kenneth Fugate-- Chasing Storms

hey nice link mike.
you're talking about the august/september issue of the ng arent you??
with a tornado on the cover page?
even you have some very nice photographs on photo.net
i think even philip (philip_coggan) is a member there. he's got some really outstanding shots there which are worth a look. i'll do a search for his link and post it her elater
take care
Old 11-05-2004, 12:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Kenneth Fugate-- Chasing Storms

Yup, that's probably the NG issue-- I was reading it in Thailand in July, also the one about Hanoi with DAH's shots. Strange that I was reading about Hanoi whilst you were actually there seeing it for yourself :)

I have seen Phillip's portfolio on photo.net-- recognised the picture of the girl in front of the carousel. There are a lot of hidden gems on photo.net and some brilliant photographers, I just get tired of the heated egoes that sometimes appear (dangerous when purely fine art photographers mix with documentary/fine art photographers-- get's all political and ethnical)

Cheers,

MK
Old 11-05-2004, 12:39 PM

Default in photo.net...

and I have just joined photo.net... today i was browsing galleries there and I found a little gem - galleries of Frederic Pascual... some wonderful B&W street shots. and of course he is a Leica M6 owner too ;) see his "Forbidden games" gallery, i like one picture a lot there