Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Burberry1 2007-07-10 6:41

Beautiful and soulful:)))
The mood that U created is just unbelievable!!
And this is thanks the 18-55 lens.
Do U think they are worth buying with the new camera?
I am planning 400D (now I do have 300D) but I don't have any wide angle.
Could U tell me please something about this basic lens which are considern to be not good.
I heard that with a quite good light it is not bad.What do U think??

Warm greetings from Poland, Agnieszka

Old 07-10-2007, 03:05 PM
TE Expert

Default To Burberry1: lens

Hello Agnieszka!
Thank you for your nice critique!
The lens is quite nice for a cheap lens, but I would prefer to buy a better one (like the 17-40 serie L) in the future. Why? Just because sometimes, when we expect a nice picture, the kit lens can be a little bit frustrating specially for little unsharpen details when I shoot far subjects. But I am happy with it know, because the price is nice and we can take some very nice pictures.
I ask about the lens to "agbonavita" a few days ago and he is 100% happy with the kit lens. So, I believe that it depend on your expectation, and what do you like to shoot on.
Feel free to ask about everything you want, Agnieszka!
Best regards from Brazil,
Zeca
Old 07-10-2007, 03:12 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Burberry1: lens

Yes, of course I would prefer the "L" lens but it is quite expensive, I'll think about such ones in the future. I jus wanted to know what is it like when the light is bright and for example I would like to take some lanscapes pictures. U are the best proof that good photos mare always possible with a bit of fancy and good eye.
Now I do not shoot that often, I am thinking mainly about my vacations so I think that I will try the 18-55. If I am frustrated then I can always spend more money:-)

Thank U and all the best to You:))))
Old 07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Burberry1: lens

Thatīs it. I did the same when I bought the kit lens first. Depending of our purposes, it can be satisfactory and I feel fine with it. But, since we are always searching for better results, the "L" is a dream to realize tomorrow. ;-D
With the post processing we have available today, we can almost always enhance the performance of cheap lenses. I have been using a cheap Tamrom 70-300 as well, with some nice results. However, I miss the stabilizer a lot. But it is the easyest way to play a little bit with some zooms without burn too many bucks.
Letīs keep in touch. Its always nice to talk about photography!
All the best to you too!
Zeca