Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Good rgarrigus 2007-07-04 1:37

Hi Rolando,

I just came across this photo in the orphan photos section. Captivating face on this little one. I'm not very experienced at portraits but I think I'd prefer the little girl to be less central. I find the lollipop cute and all but I think it would have been a better photo if you had waited for her to put her hand down and then focus on those wonderful eyes. It'd probably also have been better with a shallower depth of field but that may not have been possible.

Cheers!

Bob G.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To rgarrigus: hi

Thanks for your comments!
I don't understand why the photo is on the orphan series as she is the daughter of very good friends. I will think and try to apply your tips next time I take a picture of this kind!!

Cheers

Rolando
Old 07-05-2007, 03:01 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: "Orphan Photos"

Hi Rolando,

I apologize if you already knew this and were kidding but after a certain amount of critiques on TE you'll start to notice a silver or gold star next to one's name. Clicking on this reveals stats on critiques offered by that person (try clicking on mine to see what I mean). It depicts the number of critiques , workshops and notes compared to the number of times people rate the information as useful. Also included is a link to "Random Orphan Photo" which is TE-speak for one that has not garnered any feedback. I guess this is a way for those concerned with offering advice to find those shots that might benefit? I have really gotten some useful advice in my short time on TE so I sorta feel I owe it to people to try and help them where I am able. I make a habit of occasionally going to a random photo or three and offering a critique. I try not to overstep my knowledge though as I am newer than many.

Cheers!

Bob G.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:20 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: "Orphan Photos"

Hi Bob!!

Please do not apologize, I hope that you didn't misunderstand me, on the contrary I do accept all critiques given. I have already learned a lot from all those nice people (like you) which gives their opinion on my pictures. At the moment I have been away for a while from TE as I am working in Eritrea and stucked in the capital. I will soon come out with pictures from the countryside and then I will re-start to write my critiques on our different memebers.
I do appreciate your comments Bob!!

See you around soon

Rolando