Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Good adam 2004-10-18 2:39

The funny thing is, I think it's possible to open that lock with a pen cap! See this thread for more info.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:12 AM
TE Expert

Default To adam: I'm worried about you...

of course, you could be searching out that information to protect your own bicycle... ;-)

Since you know the neighborhood, I should note this is on Grand Avenue about a block and a half away from the Grand-Lake theatre. I had my car broken into in the same neighborhood six or seven years ago by someone clever enough to break the trunk lock with a screwdriver. When I bought the car I'm presently driving, I was very pleased the car has an alarm and that one can open the trunk only from the inside of the car or with a remote. I even locked the inside trunk release so my camera equipment is less vulnerable should someone break into my car and my camera bag be lying in the trunk. This is definitely a crazy world, though I feel much less vulnerable in sleepy Marin...
Old 10-18-2004, 10:39 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To adam: I'm worried about you...

Hehe, I was just amazed after reading an newspaper article about that. I feel a lot safer in Walnut Creek as well. Enjoy your week.