Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 10-15-2004, 07:02 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: TOS Changes and More

Thanks Jean-Yves for this idea. I plan on using it. What I envision is:

1. Ability for me to mark a critique as going against the tos.

1a. Each time an email will be sent noting this, along with the critique.

2. After X number of these marks have been accrued, a listbox will be displayed next to each of their critiques in which the ability to turn of critique writing for some Y time period (1 hour/1 day/1 week/permanently) may be used for the following critique deemed to go against the tos.

2a. An email will be sent noting this. This will also be explained in the critique area.

3. These marks will expire over time.

Note that it will always be possible to write comments. And for those who don't care what critiques are written, it's possible to turn on Comment display so it's displayed in the same place as critiques are.

If there are any additional suggestions about this please let me know. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:42 AM
Banned

Hi Adam, I think it could work well this way, I'm now interested in reading what other members think about it.

In addition to a bit of programming, what should now be worked out is the definition of X, Y and "over time"

A nice day to everybody !
Old 10-15-2004, 09:26 AM
TE Expert

Yes, nice catch! This has been changed, thanks for letting me know.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:32 AM
TE Expert

1. Critiques involving non-technical aspects are fine.

2. For very short ones it's quite obvious to me. If anyone notices problems with critiques in other languages feel free to let me know and I'll research further.

About TOS photo violations, it's almost always obvious. In cases where I'm not sure I email the reporter directly to inquire.

Thanks for any translations you can provide.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:43 AM
TE Expert

OK, it's now on the main page, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:45 AM
TE Expert

Due to potential abuse I don't think I will do this.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Default Point System Behavior off

Hi,

I turned off Default Point System Behavior and found myself in completely different world. It's great! I would prefer this way but I have two doubts:

1) if I would be seen as unkind to give critiques absulotely without points since giving points is a standard on TE

2) In this configuration I miss information about how many people have written something about particular photos. When I go through the gallery I give special attention about new participants and photos that received very small amount of critiques / comments.

P.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:17 PM
TE Newbie

<p>...Finally, all themes referring to X amount of points have been removed, and will no longer be permitted. I feel this goes against the spirit of the site since it's not possible to sort by highest rated etc...</p>
<p>This is one change I disagree with. While there is some trading of points, all of the 50+ (or was it 60) point theme pictures really are good (some better than others though). I've used such themes to try and learn how to take better photos. I've learned more than a couple of new (to me) techniques and ideas going through them that I may still not have learned if not for those themes.</p>
<p>The world isn't perfect and trying to eliminate all imperfections is a hopeless task. The trick is finding rules that do more good than harm. I say leave the themes.</p>
Old 10-16-2004, 12:39 AM
TE Senior Member

If we could get a view of the Favorites ordered by the number of people who marked a particular photo as a favorite, that would be a good replacement for the point-themes.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:42 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Default Point System Behavior off

--
if I would be seen as unkind to give critiques absulotely without points since giving points is a standard on TE
--

I have never had a problem with this. I have a note in my Intro explaining that I have points turned off.